- Android Google Maps updated to 5.1, adds check in system to the Latitude.
- Some Nexus S users are suffering from random reboots. The issue has been acknowledged by Google, but the fix is not yet available.
- Google Voice number porting is now available to all users.
- 90% of Android devices are now at version 2.1 or above.
- In preparation to the Android 3.0 Honeycomb launch, Google released a preview of the Android 3.0 SDK to let developers start testing applications on the tablet form-factor and get familiar with the new APIs.
- In response to events unfolding in Egypt, Twitter and Google have launched speak2tweet service allowing to tweet by leaving a voicemail on one of the 3 international phone numbers (+16504194196 or +390662207294 or +97316199855). The service will then instantly tweet the message using the hashtag #egypt. No Internet connection is required.